after your jewellery as carefully as you would any other precious
possession. Here are some useful hints:
- Don’t jumble your jewellery together,
or store it with other pieces, because it can scratch other jewellery.
- Keep your jewellery in a fabric lined jewellery
case or box with compartments or dividers, or wrap each piece
in tissue paper before putting it away.
- Jewellery should never be worn when doing heavy
work or taking part in activities such as sport and gardening.
Stones are vulnerable to chipping and even everyday activity can
loosen a setting.
- Always apply perfumes, colognes and toiletries
before you put your jewellery on to avoid dulling.
- Household products and even perspiration can
accumulate and dull the surface. Clean your jewellery at least
once a month using either a reputable branded jewellery cleaner
such as Connoisseurs, cloudy ammonia or warm water and mild soap.
Making sure the plug is in, soak the jewellery, rinse well and
then lay on a soft lint-free cloth to dry.
- Don’t let your jewellery come into contact
with chlorine, bleach or other chemicals because they can pit
or discolour the mounting.
- See us at least once a year to have your jewellery
professionally cleaned and checked for loose claws and wear.
If you have a piece of jewellery that you
no longer wear, or a piece you inherited and have never worn, we
would be delighted to talk to you about renovating or redesigning
the piece so that it takes on a whole new lease of life.